Don’t have a Twitter profile yet? Apparently, you’re missing out on a lot. Consider this: the other day when I was considering opening my trading account on software called the Fintech Ltd, I only posted my intention with a funny hash tag and you wouldn’t believe how many believe replied to me on the same micro blogging site. A majority of them advised me not to hasten but use the demo account that they have before I jumped into it with real money. Sure enough, that is what I did and I must say that I don’t regret it. In fact I would have regretted if I had not heeded to the twitterati! These days everyone pays attention to their Twitter feeds just as they would to Facebook. What’s not to love about it really?
As one of the social media treats, there’s always a reason to be on it. It’s power is in using it for sharing small thought. And, with 500 million tweets a day, there’s no denying that people indeed have a lot to say.
Twitter has become one of the most prolific sites online. If you have something say or show, write it at 140 characters or less and the rest of the world would know. It’s a platform for your inconsequential thoughts to have a place in the sun. You’re basically micro-blogging – a short burst so that your followers may know or see what you’re up to.
1. Your Header
A twitter header is a long horizontal picture uploaded to the site to resemble the cover photo concept of Google and Facebook. Recommended dimensions for header photos are 1500×500 pixels in JPG, GIF, or PNG formats.
Profile Image: 400×400 pixels.
How To Set Up Twitter Header In Few Steps
- Click on the Settings (gear) button and then go to Design.
- Select from a library of photos on your device and then fork in one which you wish to post.
- From a mobile app, go to “Me” tab, click on Settings (gear) and then click on the Edit Profile.
- Select Header.
- Realign the image as you wish.
Tips For The Best One Ever
Optimizing your social media pictures is beneficial. Here are some important tips to come up with the best header image:
- Start with a good quality photograph – Think of a rectangle. The header is a horizontal image so it’s best to look for one with a landscape-type perspective. Choose anything above 640 pixels.
- Edit ahead – Beginning at 500 pixels, it’s better to optimize the photo ahead. Otherwise, it would be done for you at a much smaller quality.
- Background images are preferred – A header is like posting a background snapshot. It’s inescapable that landscapes are often used. If you can’t come up with a decent background, simply find any background from online and you’re done.
[Check out: 4 Proxy Websites To Unblock YouTube Easily]
2. Your Profile
The avatar is a picture which must show a face or any image you want. The size is 128 x 128 pixels square. Showing a face as avatar garners you more followers than those who don’t show a lot.
How To Set Up The Profile Picture
Your profile says a lot about you more than you know. If you placed a random picture without significance, no one would care much about it. But if you’re creative, you can use it as an expression of who you are and what you’re really about. But more than the image you use, it has information displayed like your email address, your job, your name and your contact details.
Your profile is more than just an image anyone can see. It has to be a creative expression of what represents the person you want people to know. This is the brand by which you must be identified. For this, you have to be very specific about what you show and the bio you intend to put out there.
In a world where any information can be found online, your bio has to be as detailed as you possibly can without giving away too much.
- To upload: Go to Settings and select Profile.
- Start filling in the information required.
- Upload a maximum of 400 x 400 pixels. Make sure it’s a square. This is the maximum size it can be viewed at, but it appears at different sizes depending on the device used to view it.
Dimensions Of All Pictures Used On Twitter
The maximum size of the snapshot you can upload can’t exceed 1252×626 pixels. To the layman, that’s a maximum file of 5MB. Anything smaller than 640 pixels would appear to have very poor quality once uploaded.
It’s important to note that the image is a horizontal photo. Any vertical photograph wouldn’t look good even if you realign and adjust. You can also add a text as the new bio. However, it’s displayed in a light-colored font and would sometimes look hazy on a light-themed background photo. With this, you will need a few other choices to test for your profiles.
[Don`t miss: The 5 Most Awesome iPhone Wallpaper Websites That Rock]
Twitter has room for a lot of your pictures. This means you can show something instead of just talking about it. The average size per photograph upload is 73 x 73 pixels. Resizing it would need an app.
Posting a snapshot to your tweet is easy:
[Also Check Out: The 140 Best Twitter Feeds of 2013]
Twitter is a fun platform where it’s been recently optimized to fit your needs quite well. The new look has been designed to keep things interesting and very easy to navigate. Because of this, you’re now better able to strengthen a brand or make your avatars stand larger than life itself.